Project Reference: 2017-1-AT01-KA202-035095
Project period: 01/10/2017 – 31/08/2020
Project website: https://europameister.htl-baden.ac.at/
EUROPA-MEISTER has committed itself to the protection and dissemination of the quality standards which are the basis of the Meister (level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework). EUROPA-MEISTER wants to bring new life to the Meister at European level. In addition to the creativity in the painter’s trade, the focus is also on the protection of assets and the preservation of property. Here, if the quality requirements are reduced, results are enormous consequential costs due to deficiencies and structural damage due to lack of knowledge. In addition, training places are no longer available, because there is no longer any qualification for training in the painting enterprises without Meisters.
The expression of this vision is the concrete objective of the project to create the EUROPEAN MEISTERBRIEF in the painter’s trade, which is awarded as a quality label by the European umbrella organization UNIEP, and is intended to act as a model for other craft sectors.
Inhe event order to achieve this goal, five stages or partial targets are to be achieved:
- Description of a competence profile for the painting trade in level 6 of the European Qualifications Framework
- Creation of a multilingual competency profile in the Skillsbank database
- Description of procedures / guidelines for the cooperation of European master schools (network) for the Painter’s craft, to enable Meister apprentices from the European countries to acquire the EUROPEAN MEISTERBRIEF
- Development of a e-learning course system for cross-border Meister-training and pilot test (“EUROPA-WALZ”) with selected Meister apprentices
- EUROPEAN MEISTERBRIEF, awarded and approved by UNIEP
Project coordinator: HTL Baden Malerschule Leesdorf (DE)
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.