|PaintingSkillsAcademy – TRAINING|
UNIT 1 bis UNIT 17 Professional practice – Preparation 2 professional painter (Painting Master craftsman exams / Professional – theoretical part)
|Ident number of the activity / UNIT||L4_U1-17|
|Activity type||Training course
Seminar/training course over several weeks
|Target group||· Employers (Painting contractors) with a vocational or professional qualification
· Employees with a vocational or professional qualification
· Trainees / apprentices with a vocational or professional qualification
· People with a vocational or professional qualification
|Entry requirement||Persons who meet one of the following conditions:
· has obtained secondary vocational education (any field!) and has at least three years of experience in the field in which he wants to take the master’s exam.
· has obtained secondary professional education (any field!) and has at least two years of experience in the field in which he wants to take the master’s exam.
· has obtained a higher or higher professional education (any field!) and has at least one year of experience in the field in which he wants to take the master’s exam.
|Provider, place of learning||Provider:
Chamber of Craft and Small Business of Slovenia
Place of learning:
Painter school / Painter college
|Contact details of the provider||Ms. Suzana Kljun
Phone: +386 1 583 05 74
|Lecturer / Trainer||Mr. Vojko Letonja (Born in 1944, construction engineer, master painter since 2002, owner of a painting company with over 40 years of tradition).
Ing. Matjaž Majdič (Born in 1965, safety engineer, master painter since 2001, owner of a painting company with over 50 years of tradition).
|LEARNING/TEACHING/TRAINING ACTIVITIES – continuation|
|Dates, duration of the activity||The tender period starts on 10th January and runs until 31st December each year. There are two accession deadlines for submitting complete applications:
February 11th and September 23rd.
Candidate must send written applications to take the master’s exam, along with proof of fulfillment of the conditions and other required documentation, on the prescribed form, which can be obtained from the Chamber Craft and Small Business of Slovenia or at their web page.
The course of taking the master’s exam is determined by the Rules on master’s exams.
At the master’s exam, the candidate must prove both practical and professional – theoretical knowledge. The sequences of taking individual parts of the master’s exam are:
· Professional – theoretical part,
· Practical part,
· Managerial – economic part (knowledge that is necessary for running a company) and
· Pedagogical – andragogic part.
|Attendance mode||Vollzeit oder Teilzeit (berufsbegleitend)|
|Prices per person (participant)||Cost of the activity, Material costs and Examination fees:
|Max. Number of participants||Max. 30 participants per seminar|
|DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVITY|
|Ident number of the activity / UNIT||L4_U1-17|
|Goals / field of competence||Part 2 – Professional – practical part
Exams for practical part must ensure that the candidate will/can show his practical knowledge at the required level, which will enable him to perform independent and high-quality professional work and organize and manage work processes.
|DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVITY – continuation|
|Training tasks||Description of detailed goals / content (fine goals).
Learning outcomes according to PSA qualification portfolio:
|Knowledge||He/she must know and master:
· knowing how to prepare, organize and implement a painting project
· knowledge of the components of the working surface in painting
· correct choice of materials and technology
· color design of the room according to the provided sample or sketch
· stenciling – creating a stencil
· combinations of wallpaper, borders and decorative moldings
· continuous monitoring of new materials and techniques
· introducing new knowledge of ecology
· implementation of restoration works
· knowledge of the basics of ornamentation
· knowledge of coatings for walls, wood and metal
· dealing with various painting techniques, painting materials and painting tools
|Skills||She/he plans, carries out and controls:
· painting project
· deciding about color designs, materials and technology
· compliance with ecological standards
· the high-quality painting and design technique
|Responsibility and autonomy||She/he is able to independently apply the high-quality painting and design techniques masterly for:
· creating new surfaces and objects
· preparation and re-painting surfaces and objects
· restoration of surfaces and objects
· create a master’s thesis and work tests
|ASSESSMENT OF THE ACTIVITY|
· Project-oriented teaching
· Practical examples and expert tips
· Action orientation
|Please bring to the course/seminar!
· Own laptop, notebook, or similar.
|ASSESSMENT OF THE ACTIVITY – continuation|
|Assessment board||National Examination committee
European Expert committee Seminar leader (Expert*in for Historical painting techniques)
|Assessment criteria’s||In the practical part of the exam:
1. One to two master’s exam parts are prepared:
• a colour study/sketch of the entire building
• with aesthetically colour enhanced elements of the facade or interior is made,
• must also be decorated with stucco, sims or statues
• project is made on paper (also in colour)
• materials and technology are suggested.
2. Four work tests where candidate must perform the following tasks:
• furniture processing – wood imitation
• anti-fire coating
• special protective coatings
• finishing layers on the facade.
Work tests are conducted under the supervision of the master’s examination board in a specific examination room (workshop). After successfully completing the work tests, the candidate submits to the examination board all the documentation (construction and technological documentation with calculation) and the production schedule (time and place of production) for the preparation and production of the master product.
It is also necessary to defend the completed master’s exam work and work tests orally.
The preparation of the master’s exam takes from 80 to 200 hours, the performance of work tests takes a maximum of 8 hours.
The master’s thesis or product and the work test with an oral defense are evaluated. The overall assessment of the practical part of the master’s exam is based on the following criteria: master’s thesis 60% and work tests 40%.
The level of professionalism in the approach to work, the quality of the completed individual work phases and the quality of the product as a whole are taken into account. The assessment also takes into account the organization of the workplace, compliance with occupational health and safety regulations, rational and correct use of machines and tools, rationality in the selection of materials and general organization (independence, ingenuity, rationality, …). The candidate must demonstrate knowledge of modern computer technology and classical technology.
|PSA certificate||National (Slovenian) Master Degree.
Confirmation of participation in the activity and PSA certificate.
|RECOMMENDATIONS – if desired|
|Advice on personal career planning||Individual recommendations.|
□ to the course ………………………………. (insert name) on ……………. (enter desired date)
Information about the participants
(1) Name, first name __________________________________________________________________
(2) Name, first name __________________________________________________________________
|Hotel and breakfast – if desired|
|Book your overnight stay in … with you!||Overnight stay and breakfast (Please check where applicable!)
□ Single room – € … per person/night
□ Double room – € … per person/night
□ Breakfast – € … per person/day
E-mail address for invoicing:
By registering, I/we accept the < providers > terms and conditions of participation and business.
place, date signature